Vacuum chuck mainly composed of micro porous ceramics and frames. They can also be called porous ceramic chucks, which have two characteristics:
1、Absorb the workpiece and apply it to Vacuum chuck.
2、Float the workpiece and apply it to the Air Floating Stage and Non-Touch Transfer System.
When the air flow is set to enter the ceramic (vacuum pressure is negative pressure), the workpiece can be adsorbed.
When the air flow is set to go out of the ceramic (vacuum pressure is positive pressure), the part can be blown up or not contact the ceramic.
For the semiconductor industry can be used as:
Vacuum Chuck Features:
- Can absorb warped and hollowed-out parts.
- Can absorb many different sizes
- The minimum pore size can reach 2um, and the detailed surface can make the working object contact surface without any traces.
- Good mechanical strength.
- Can be used at high operating temperatures.
- With static dissipative effect.
- Chemical resistance.
The conditions and basic requirements for Vacuum Chuck in application:
- High precision flatness
- Good breathability
- High reliability of adhesive
- High-precision flat joint
- Large air flow
- Use large bore pipes and fittings
In order to achieve good conditions of high precision flatness, the matters needing attention during processing:
- Selection of frame materials
- Remove the stress of the frame material in advance
- The chemical resistance of the adhesive is superior
- CNC machining can effectively remove the amount of deformation
* Good porous ceramic vacuum chucks are recognized by many engineers and designers as having the following characteristics:
- High precision flatness
- The smaller the pore size, the better.
- The lighter the weight, the better.
- The thicker the thickness of the porous ceramic, the better.
Only need the porous ceramic material with high precision flatness can be used.
- Multiple smaller vacuum chucks can be combined into a larger one to reduce costs
But the disadvantages of porous ceramics for vacuum chucks must be evaluated:
- The smaller the pore size, the easier it is to block
- The thicker the thickness, the worse the ventilation effect.
- Blocking will occur after grinding
- Adsorption of soft materials is best
Manufacturing process introduction: A good Vacuum Chuck should have a frame and micro porous ceramics, and the correct processing process:
- Frame processing
- Porous ceramic production
- Frame joint surface cleaning
- Frame and porous ceramic combination
- Post-combination grinding
- Breathability test
- Material mixing: mixing of nano-alumina powder, foaming agent, binder and toner.
- Extrusion of the molding machine: In order to meet the pore diameter of the foaming agent and pores, the pressure is adjusted to an appropriate pressure for molding.
- High-temperature furnace sintering: In order to meet the pore size of the foaming agent and pores, the sintering process is controlled according to the appropriate time and temperature.
- Measurement of material ventilation: The quality of material ventilation will determine the quality of micro porous ceramic chuck.
- Waterjet cutting shape: Excessive material is removed to improve the efficiency of fine grinding.
- Rough grinding thickness: Remove too much material first to improve the efficiency of fine grinding.
- fine grinding shape: ensure that the size of the shape meets the combined accuracy.
Frame processing matters needing attention:
Material selection: Generally it can be divided into stainless steel, aluminum alloy and granite
- Material cut shape: Leave the main frame material to avoid excessive deformation of the frame.
- Stress Relief: Stress relief of the frame material to avoid excessive warping.
- plane correction: so that the processing can achieve the best processing efficiency.
- CNC rough processing
- Deformation measurement: Minimize the deformation of CNC fine machining
- CNC finishing: eliminate the deformation of the frame material to facilitate the grinding process.
Frame and porous ceramic combination:
- Combined seam test: The proper combined size should be 0.1mm. Too large will cause a gap, and too small will cause the porous ceramic to crack.
- Adhesive selection: LONGYI’s adhesive color can be divided into black and white. The selection of the color of the porous ceramic can make the appearance more beautiful.
- A & B Adhesive Mixing: Choose a suitable nozzle to ensure that the amount of adhesive is too large.
- Combining and flattening: Combine the micro porous ceramic chuck with a flattening tool and let it stand for 48hr for the best effect.
Adhesive: This is developed for commissioned development, accumulating and counting reports and issues for each project. The results are as follows:
- High viscosity: The adhesive cannot penetrate into the porous ceramics.
- No odor: LONGYI no longer uses inferior adhesives, and the odor makes operators unbearable.
- Chemical resistance: The adhesive does not produce chemical changes after 48 hours of complete reaction.
- It will not fall off after soaking in toluene and acetone for 72hr.
- The forward pressure is set to 3kg and will not fall off.
Grinding after combination:
- Rough Grinding
- Deformation measurement
- High-precision grinding
- Flatness measurement
Round chuck table
Dicing Chuck Table(다이 싱 척 테이블/ダイシングチャックテーブル) makes optimum condition for Dicing Saw, Laser Dicing, Laser marketing, Grooving, Wafer back grinding and Wafer mounting which requires high degree of flatness by optimizing in whole side adsorption or partial adsorption and fixing when do precision machining, clean, and move difficult-to-cut-material such as Silicon wafer, PCB, Glass, Ceramic and QFN using vesicular ceramic porous of alumina line. Mainly used to support and chuck the semiconductor wafer when grinding and dicing. It is applied in the processes of thinning, dicing, cleaning, transportation and so on
In the context of manufacturing integrated circuits, wafer dicing is the process by which die are separated from a wafer of semiconductor following the processing of the wafer. The dicing process can involve scribing and breaking, mechanical sawing (normally with a machine called a dicing saw) or laser cutting. All methods are typically automated to ensure precision and accuracy. Following the dicing process the individual silicon chips are encapsulated into chip carriers which are then suitable for use in building electronic devices such as computers, etc.
8 Inch Rectangle chuck table
This series of antistatic surface treatments is specially developed for the wafer semiconductor industry to reduce the damage caused by static electricity during wafer manufacturing package testing, such as metal, ceramics, plastic (excluding Teflon and tantalum rubber). , quartz, etc., the finished product has high anti-static, high anti-wear, high temperature and other characteristics.
This series of anti-adhesive surface treatment is specially developed for various types of porous suction cups, molds, placing platforms and various transfer heads in the process. Eslite has excellent anti-adhesion and anti-dust accumulation after surface treatment. Reduce the defect rate and fragmentation loss caused by adhesive in the process.